Birthdays as a Time to Reflect

I am approaching my 48th Birthday on Saturday.  Besides New Years Resolutions, birthdays provide a time for reflection in one's life.  I appreciate life to the fullest.  This year, I witnessed some of the greates natural disasters recorded.  Tornadoes in Alabama and Missouri, flooding in Tennessee and Mississippi, and tsunamis in Japan.  I can imagine having built the dream home, only to have Mother Nature take it all away.  My son just turned 22 and finished a job training program.  My daughter will attending Howard University in the fall.  My wife and I have been married for 23 years.  It has been tough financially.  I share this same condition with millions of Americans.  Perseverance is the name of the game.  I wish a Happy Birthday to anyone sharing my day on July 23rd.  Let's make the next 365 days the best ever.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Life in Venezuela is Terrible Right Now!

Charlottesville, VA is a Stain on Race Relations

Boardwalk Empire Season 4 Finale: Why Maybelle?