Eric Utsey: Rest In Peace

My first post this morning was going to be about the Philadelphia Eagles.  After my early morning perusal of Facebook, I discovered that one of my childhood friends had passed away.  Eric Utsey was a really smooth Brother.  He played ball at the YMCA and various other venues in South Philadelphia.  He always dressed nice and was always positive when I saw him.  He had a great outlook on life and made us proud.



He moved to the DMV area years ago and had started his own business.  I heard that he had a stroke a couple of years ago and I did reach out to him.  I remember back in the day that his father owned a club called the Fox Trap.  I enjoyed the club for the few times that I was in there.  I know that Eric had children.  I am awaiting word of his Home going services.  I think he was at least a year younger than me.  I do not have to be reminded to appreciate the time that I have left on this earth.  Eric Utsey, you will be missed by your Family and Friends.  Rest In Peace!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Life in Venezuela is Terrible Right Now!

Charlottesville, VA is a Stain on Race Relations

Boardwalk Empire Season 4 Finale: Why Maybelle?