Rising Gas Prices are Startling

I have always used regular gasoline.  Some people have to use premium and special because of superior cars.  You are probably feeling more pain than the average person right now.  There was a recent news report that indicated that gas prices could soon rise to over $4.00 a gallon.  That's painful news.  Barak Obama is pretty defensive about the rising furor over sustained high prices.  He indicates that we need to wean ourselves off of foreign oil.  Iran is not helping the situation with its decision to not ship oil to Britain and other countries.  What is the average consumer to do?  I know that I will become a smarter driver.  There will be no unnecessary stops for me.  School, work and home.  Other individuals on fixed incomes must be struggling also.  

I hope SEPTA doesn't take advantage and impose a fair hike at this vulnerable time for consumers.  I will still vote for President Obama as I am a Democrat.  I would like to see an innovative approach to helping the economy by lowering or steadying gas prices though.   I think now abou our intervention in Iraq and what it meant for overall gas prices.  The situation there is still unstable and Iran could have a major influence over the flow of gasoline out of that country.  We can only hope for lower prices in the near future.

P.S. Gas prices are now over $5.00 a gallon in California (October 2012).  Legislators are calling for investigations.  People are stealing gas from pared cars and gas stations.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Boardwalk Empire Season 4 Finale: Why Maybelle?

Life in Venezuela is Terrible Right Now!

Donna C. Coleman: Rest In Peace