Whitney Houston's Life and Death: My Viewpoint

I was born in 1963.  I was approximately 20 days older than Whitney when she preceded me into the hereafter.  I followed Whitney's career with respect and admiration.  I admired her voice and beauty from afar.  I was so proud of her accomplishments as she soared into the stratosphere with her powerful voice and confident demeanor.  "Saving All My Love for You" was written for me in my mind.  I envied her mansion and her fairy book wedding for the grand glamour and A List attendees.  I was happy when she found what she thought was her soul mate in Bobby Brown. 

Many people speculated that Bobby's bad boy image would bring her down.  It surfaced during the marriage that Whitney was really not as pristine as she appeared.  In spite of her church upbringing, rumors of drug use began to surface soon after her marriage.  Approximately 10 years ago, she appeared with Diane Sawyer in an interview and wished for 10 more years to get her life together and find God.  She got her wish and not much more.  None of us can predict the time or manner in which we will meet our Maker. 

Whitney's impact will be felt for many years to come.  The lessons learned about avoiding drugs and protecting the gifts that one is blessed with will be evident.  The final autopsy will not be released for some time.  Whitney's erratic behavior over the last few years seeed like a reason for an intervention from Family or Friends.  It was so sad to hear the news as we were the same age.  I have battled my own personal challenges to become the person I am today. 

I am glad that any activities that I engaged in were not the death of my dreams.  Any use of drugs is abuse.  Whitney's star will shine as she joins the legacy of stars in the U.S. that have welcomed her into heaven. Luther Vandross, Gerald LeVert, Michael Jackson, Etta James, Lou Rawls, Lisa Lopes and others. I loved Whitney's music and I wished she could have had a longer life that was not affected by drugs and alcohol abuse.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Boardwalk Empire Season 4 Finale: Why Maybelle?

Life in Venezuela is Terrible Right Now!

Donna C. Coleman: Rest In Peace