Mt. Hebron Baptist Church Delivered

I am a member of Enon Tabernacle Baptist Church.  I have been a unreliable member of the Usher Bard for the last couple of months.  I was attending service one Sunday and forgot it was Communion Sunday.  I had my black and white tie on when I should have worn my red tie.   The Usher in Charge wanted me to stand in the lobby as oppose to continuing to serve in my assigned station.  I haven't been back to Usher since then.  I did attend services recently but it was in the civilian capacity.  The service was awesome as usual.

I received an awesome blessing on Thanksgiving.  My unemployment had been held up for almost three months.  I resigned from a trucking job with US Xpress in lieu of termination.  This process caused my unemployment request to be denied.  I had to appeal and this process dragged on for months.  I had to attend a session with a referee in which it was revealed that the company planned to terminate my services anyway.  On Thursday, three months worth of unemployment filings cleared in my checking account.   I was so elated.  I paid Verizon, PECO, PGW, Water Revenue and the American Express.  I took my Family to Cow Town just because.  I needed to go to church to express my appreciation to Jesus Christ.

I decided on Mt. Hebron because  was in walking distance.  On my way back from Cow Town yesterday, I ran out of gas and was saved by our Triple AAA Membership.  Walking was the safe thing to do.  I took Nikell with me and sat in the second row.  Mr. Wilson, who has had a store in the neighborhood for years, welcomed me.  I felt right at home.  I had passed this Church for years while growing up Catholic.   I first entered the church to attend a funeral for James Fagan about two years ago.  It was a message I needed to hear: If I had Wings.

The Pastor from Gospel Temple Baptist Church preached from the 55th Psalm, 1st to 6th verses, on the topc, "If I Had Wings":

Give ear to my prayer, O God; And do not hide Yourself from my supplication.
Give heed to me and answer me; I am restless in my complaint and am surely distracted,
I said, "Oh, that I had wings like a dove! I would fly away and be at rest.

I just want to declare that I prayed hard for financial relief.  I do have a seasonal job from FedEx and I am putting in applications on a regular basis for full-time employment.  Lord, you heard my prayer and I was blessed to give thanks this morning.  Thank you for a blessed Thanksgiving Holiday and the fortune of Family and Friends. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Boardwalk Empire Season 4 Finale: Why Maybelle?

Life in Venezuela is Terrible Right Now!

Donna C. Coleman: Rest In Peace