Point/Grays Promise Neighborhood Plan

I attended a working group meeting of the Point/Grays Promise Neighborhood Plan last night.  I was invited by Claudia Sherrod of South Philadelphia H.O.M.E.S.  The meeting was conducted by Rahim Islam of Universal Institute.  I was appointed as a member of the Advisory Council last night.  The group is focused on improving educational attainment levels of students from the Point Breeze and Grays Ferry neighborhoods.  At this point, many students are attending public schools that were the last resort for many parents.  The newly built school, Audenrid H.S., has been racked by violence and lowtest scores.  I am a product of this neighborhood but I went to Catholic schools during my formative years.  I will be focused on Community and Economic Development as this is my area of expertise.  As a teacher, I will also be reviewing benchmarks that measure progress in the educational attainment spectrum.  I will report back.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Boardwalk Empire Season 4 Finale: Why Maybelle?

Life in Venezuela is Terrible Right Now!

Donna C. Coleman: Rest In Peace