The Gospel of Judas is Intriguing

I am a Christian.  I was raised Catholic at St. Rita's Church in South Philadelphia.  I am now a Baptist.  I converted at Bethany Baptist Church in Chester, PA which was pastored by Reverend Norman Gant.  I am now a member of Enon Tabernacle Baptist Church under the direction of Rev. Alyn Waller.  It is one of the largest churches in Philadelphia.  I am a member of the Usher Ministry and and wavering a little in my faith.

I am open to new ideas when it comes to exploring my faith.  The Muslim world was beset by many protest recently when a supposed Coptic Christian posted an online movie of the Prophet Muhammad.  The U.S. Ambassador to Libya was murdered during a protest of this film.  Muslims do not like any depiction of the Prophet Muhammad other than through the Koran.  It was a lame attempt to belittle Islam.  I am glad that Muslims here in the United States do not take the protests to a deadly level.  A Pakistani elected official placed a $100k bounty on the death of the film maker.  He was recently arrested here in the U.S.

There was a papyrus recently discovered that showed that Jesus Christ might have been married before he began his public ministry.  Mary Magdalene, who might have been a female apostle, could have been his wife.  I also discovered recently that she cold have authored a gospel book.  I am also astonished that there was a gospel of Judas that was discovered.  The gospel purports Judas to be one of Jesus' best friends.  Christians know Judas to be the disciple that betrayed Jesus.  His gospel states tat he was ordained by Jesus to betray him and fulfill the prophecy. 

I felt bad for Judas when I was growing up.  He was a Disciple and a trusted member of Jesus' inner circle.  My view, based on Catholic teachings, was that he succumbed to the lure of 30 pieces of silver/gold to betray Jesus.  It was recounted that he committed suicide after Jesus' crucifixion.  I might have to revisit that story now to see if it holds up with Judas being part of the whole process of Christ ascending to Heaven.  I don't have a problem looking at this from a different perspective.

I want to regain my faith.  I am struggling with the job market and trying to stay afloat.  I attended Enon and cannot get with the joy and good feeling right now.  I am not giving up on my belief in a higher power though.  I am also mere interested to learn about the early life of Jesus Christ.  He is one of the most influential people in the world.  There are so many interpretations of the meaning of his life and ministry.  Even the Quran references him as an important Prophet.  He lived during a dangerous time for anyone to preach a belief in one God.  People were put to death regularly by the Romans and maybe Egyptians for not adhering to the polytheist way of life.  My thirst and search for knowledge continues,

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Boardwalk Empire Season 4 Finale: Why Maybelle?

Life in Venezuela is Terrible Right Now!

Donna C. Coleman: Rest In Peace